So... don't freak out if you see a few bugs here and there! This is something that I've been meaning to do for quite some time and now I finally pulled the trigger.
The new design will focus on content even more with a great way to display your stories in a awesome-looking columns with article title, author photo and name, as well as a featured image and a short excerpt from the article with a Read more button.
Some other extra awesome things:
- Clear call to actions right on the home page, inviting site visitors to join the community (if they're translators) or use our directory (if they're clients);
- Filtering options that would allow you to choose what you want to read: Everything, Featured or Articles from People you follow;
- New site footer (!) - you can't imagine how long I've been waiting to add it;
- New category pages with clear explanation of what a particular category is about. Check this out;
- New Contribute to the blog button on the home page and category pages to encourage people to contribute to our awesome blog;
- New and super good-looking author box under articles;
- The author box also displays social media icons that lead to author's social media accounts so you could connect with them;
- New Related Posts section displays other interesting articles that you might want to read;
The design is pretty much ready and live, but we're still working on a handful of bugs (for example, you might notice that the comment section is missing right now).
I'll keep you guys updated and post a message here as soon as all the bugs are fixed (hopefully on Monday).
Any feedback is always welcome too, of course! (I also accept praise ?)